Sweet potato salmon cakes:
- 12 ounces fresh wild-caught salmon (about 2 fillets), cooked*
- 1 small sweet potato, cooked and peeled (about ½ cup)**
- 1 Tbs Old Bay Seasoning
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 3 teaspoons dried dill weed or more to taste
- 2 eggs lightly beat
- ⅓ cup finely sliced green onions
Creamy dill sriracha sauce:
- ⅓ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayo or additional Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha sauce or more to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
Using ⅓ cup measuring cup, scoop batter and shape into 7 cakes. It is easier to work with batter if your hands are slightly damp.
Saute cakes 3-5 minutes on each side. I had to do this in two batches and added another tablespoon olive oil for my 2nd batch.
Once lightly browned on both sides, remove from skillet and onto paper towel lined plate.